June Newsletter(click the links below to jump to specific newsletter articles)
- From Anders
- Universal Tennis Rating
- Club Updates
- Clinic with Anders and Gary
- Upcoming Tournaments at Polo
- From Gary Shelly - Personal Trainer
- The Pool is Open
- Polo Hours
- Contact Info
- Weekly Events at Polo Tennis Club
- Massage Therapist
- New Ball Machine Memberships Available
- Follow Us on Instagram
- Sponsorship Opportunity
DAVIS CUP 2019MEMBER/GUEST TOURNAMENT
Players are limited to register for 1 event
All Draws are Round Robin
Matches Begins Thursday July 25th at 6:00 PM
***Please note this a member guest tournament so please invite a friend to play with you in this event***
CLICK HERE to register!
(Limited to 5 players per event)
(Limited to 5 teams per event)
|Mixed Doubles Events
(Limited to 5 teams per event)
|Women's 3.0||Women's 3.0||Mixed 6.0|
|Women's 3.5||Women's 3.5||Mixed 7.0|
|Women's 4.0||Women's 4.0||Mixed 8.0|
|Men's 3.0||Men's 3.0||Mixed 9.0|
|Men's 3.5||Men's 3.5|
|Men's 4.0||Men's 4.0|
- 8 game pro-set, ad scoring.
- 7 point tiebreak at 8 all.
- All Players will get to play 4 matches barring injuries or withdrawals.
- $100/player charged to Club account
- No refunds after registration close on July 12
- Player social
- Casino Night for Player & Guest
- Awards for 1st & 2nd place teams in each division
Tentative Schedule of Events
|Wednesday July 24||Thursday July 25||Friday July 26||Saturday July 27|
|7:00-10:00 p.m.||6:00-9:00 p.m.||6:00-9:00 p.m.||8:00-Noon|
|Pro Exhibition & Team Introduction||Round Robin Matches||Round Robin Matches||Round Robin Matches|
|Casino Night & Awards|
- If playing with a guest. Please come in and sign your guests in. (does not apply to USTA or WTTA teams)
- We have launched the on-line court reservations! You should have received an email on how to set up an account so you can go online and book your own courts.
- Please call or email Brandi or Suzy with any questions/issues about on-line court reservations during business hours.
- You can always call pro shop to book a court if you prefer.
- With the growth of our membership and all our programs we are busier than ever! PLEASE RESERVE a court if you plan on playing. We cannot guarantee you a court if you just show up.
- Racket stringing is a 48 hour turn-around. We do offer express service with an additional cost of $10.00 per racket.
JOIN Anders and Gary For Tennis Conditioning
- This is the ONLY class with a professional tennis coach AND a certified conditioning coach together.
- Step up your game by improving your footwork, speed, coordination and body control.
- Class is a mix of hitting drills combined with conditioning drills.
- High energy and of course with MUSIC!
Time: Wednesday 7:00-8:00 p.m.
Cost: 4 session package - $80.00; Drop-in - $25.00
Class is recommended for players with a basic level of fitness.
Please sign up at the front desk. Limited to 12 players.
UPCOMING TOURNAMENTS AT POLO
FROM GARY SHELLY-PERSONAL TRAINERWhat Are the Symptoms of Heat-Related Illnesses?
Heat cramp symptoms can include:
- Severe, sometimes disabling, cramps that typically begin suddenly in the hands, calves, or feet
- Hard, tense muscles
- Excessive thirst
- Muscle aches and cramps
- Confusion or anxiety
- Drenching sweats, often accompanied by cold, clammy skin
- Slowed or weakened heartbeat
Heat stroke symptoms can include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Hot, flushed, dry skin
- Rapid heart rate
- Decreased sweating
- Shortness of breath
- Decreased urination
- Blood in urine or stool
- Increased body temperature (104 degrees to 106 degrees F)
- Confusion, delirium, or loss of consciousness
- Confusion, anxiety, or loss of consciousness
- Very rapid or dramatically slowed heartbeat
- Rapid rise in body temperature that reaches 104 degrees to 106 degrees F
- Either drenching sweats accompanied by cold, clammy skin (which may indicate heat exhaustion) or a marked decrease in sweating accompanied by hot, flushed, dry skin (which may indicate heat stroke)
- Any other heat-related symptom that is not alleviated by moving to a shady or air-conditioned area and administering fluids and salts.
Polo Club Trainer
THE POOL IS OPENThe pool opened Memorial Day Weekend and will stay open through Labor Day Weekend.
Pool Hours: 9:00-8:00 p.m.
No Lifeguard on Duty
- Polo Pro Shop Hours: 8:30-9:00 p.m. (subject to change)
- Business Hours: 9:00-4:00 p.m.
- Pool Hours: 9:00-8:00 p.m.
- Tennis Court Hours: Lights out by 9:30 p.m.
If you have anything concerning membership, billing, court reservations, or racket stringing please contact Suzy or Brandi during business hours.
- Court Reservations: 512-829-4340
- Billing: 512-829-4340
- Pro Shop Sales: 512-829-4340
- Junior Development Tennis: Mike MacVay 810-348-7571
- Personal Training: Gary Shelly 512-656-4800
- Massage Therapy: Mario Magnus 512-225-4839
WEEKLY EVENTS AT POLO TENNIS CLUBMondays
- Mixed Doubles 7:00 p.m.
- Men's night 7:00 p.m.
- Co-Ed 3.5/4.0 clinic with Mike MacVay 7:00 p.m. $25
- Beginner clinic with Dinka 8:00 a.m. $20
- Tennis conditioning clinic with Gary and Anders 7:00 p.m. $25
- Co-Ed 2.5/3.0 clinic with Mike MacVay 7:00 p.m. $25
- Men's doubles 7:00 p.m.
- Co-Ed 4.5+ clinic with Mike MacVay 7:00 p.m. $25
- Ander's singles clinic 10:00-12:00 p.m. $30
MASSAGE THERAPISTMARIO MAGNUS
Mario Specializes in:
- Sports massage
- Deep Tissue massage
- Repetitive use Injuries
- K Tapping
- Packages available
- Office upstairs at Polo Tennis Club
- 1 Hour Massage: $80.00
- 1 Hour Massage and Cupping: $90.00
- Package: Get 5 massages for the price of 4
- Junior Massage: $50.00
NEW BALL MACHINE MEMBERSHIPS AVAILABLEAnnual Membership Cost:
- Family $250/ year
- Single $200/ year
- Single person: $20/ hr
- 2 or more persons: $30/ hr
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAMPolo is on Instagram.
Follow @polotennisatx to stay updated on all that is happening at Polo.