January Newsletter(click the links below to jump to specific newsletter articles)
- Membership Drive January 2020
- Parking Lot Updated
- 25K Women's Pro Event Coming to Polo
- Member Spotlight
- Personal Training with Gary
- New Polo Swag
- High Performance
- Club Updates
- Upcoming Tournaments at Polo
- Weekly Events at Polo Tennis Club
- New Ball Machine Memberships Available
- Universal Tennis Rating
- Racquet Stringing
- Follow Us on Instagram
- Polo Hours
- Contact Info
- Sponsorship Opportunity
MEMBERSHIP DRIVE JANUARY 2020MEMBERS: If you refer a friend you will receive the $250.00 initiation fee applied to your account!
PARKING LOT UPDATED
THANK YOU TO JOE STEVENS AND SAMUEL FOR ALL THEIR HARD WORK ON IMPROVING THE PARKING LOT!!
25K WOMEN'S PRO EVENT COMING TO POLO
Save the Date: April 27 - May 3rd
The Polo Tennis & Fitness Club will be hosting a 25K Women's Pro Event.
Donny Rogers & Scott Hudler
CATA Polar Bear Major Zone Men's 4.0 Doubles Champions
PERSONAL TRAINING WITH GARY
Tennis and Playing with Dysfunctions and the Egoscue Postural Method
By Pete Egoscue
This is one of my favorite articles! I see too many people jump onto the tennis courts without preparing their bodies. For example: if you have rounded shoulders, when you hit a tennis ball for hours you are putting a lot of force on a joint that is out of position. Eventual injury! It doesn't take much time to put a tennis specific workout together so you can avoid these injuries.
See you at the club!
Certified Egoscue Postural Therapist
Certified NASM Personal Trainer
NEW POLO SWAGNEW POLO SHIRTS & SWEATSHIRTS IN STOCK
HIGH PERFORMANCE 2019
- Online Court Reservations https://app.courtreserve.com/Online/Portal/Index/2535
- MIXED DOUBLES will start back second week of January with a new format...details to follow.
- Brad Harris is offering a new Beginners clinic Wednesday evenings from 7-8:30pm. You can sign up through court reserve.
- Please NO dogs in the gym or on the tennis courts and PLEASE clean up after your pets.
- Please CANCEL your court reservation if you are not going to use it.
- Friendly reminder to check in your guest for tennis, pool, and fitness center.
- With the growth of our membership and all our programs we are busier than ever! PLEASE RESERVE a court if you plan on playing.
- Racket stringing is a 48 hour turn-around. We do offer express service with an additional cost of $10.00 per racket.
UPCOMING TOURNAMENTS AT POLO
WEEKLY EVENTS AT POLO TENNIS CLUBMondays
- USTA 3.5 clinic with Dinka 11:00 a.m. $25
- USTA 3.0 clinic with Dinka 9:30 a.m. $25
- Co-Ed 3.5/4.0 clinic with Mike MacVay 7:00 p.m. $25
- Singles clinic with Dinka 11:00 a.m. $25
- Co-Ed 2.5/3.0 clinic with Mike MacVay 7:00 p.m. $25
- Co-Ed 1.5/2.0 beginner clinic with Brad 7:00 p.m. $25
- Co-Ed 4.5+ clinic with Mike MacVay 8:00 p.m. $25
- Beginner clinic with Dinka 9:30 a.m. $20
- Ander's singles clinic 9:00-11:00 a.m. $30
NEW BALL MACHINE MEMBERSHIPS AVAILABLEAnnual Membership Cost:
- Family $250/ year
- Single $200/ year
- Single person: $20/ hr
- 2 or more persons: $30/ hr
UNIVERSAL TENNIS RATING
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAMPolo is on Instagram.
Follow @polotennisatx to stay updated on all that is happening at Polo.
- Polo Pro Shop Hours: 8:30-9:00 p.m. (subject to change)
- Business Hours: 9:00-4:00 p.m.
- Pool Hours: 9:00-8:00 p.m.
- Tennis Court Hours: Lights out by 9:30 p.m.
If you have anything concerning membership, billing, court reservations, or racket stringing please contact Suzy or Brandi during business hours.
- Court Reservations: 512-829-4340
- Billing: 512-829-4340
- Pro Shop Sales: 512-829-4340
- Junior Development Tennis: Mike MacVay 810-348-7571
- Personal Training: Gary Shelly 512-656-4800