April Newsletter(click the links below to jump to specific newsletter articles)
- From Anders
- New Members
- Adult Major Zone Sponsorship Opportunity
- Club Updates
- Member Spotlight
- Sponsor Highlights
- Updates from Coach Mike: Director of Junior Academy
- Upcoming Tournaments at Polo
- From Gary Shelly - Personal Trainer
- Weekly Events at Polo Tennis Club
- Polo has a New Massage Therapist
- New Ball Machine Memberships Available
- Contact Info
- Follow Us on Instagram
- Sponsorship Opportunity
Wimbledon - Summer 2019
Experience the finest of English hospitality with luxury accommodations, VIP meet and greet opportunities, and Centre Court and Court 1 tickets. Once in a lifetime experiences are available June 18 - July 14, 2019.
We do have specific packages. Our hotel option is the Athenaeum Hotel in London, and it is a beautiful hotel near Buckingham Palace.
Below is the pricing per ticket that we have for Wimbledon tickets only and the limited availability for each session. Tickets must be purchased in pairs or will incur additional fees.
For more information please contact our Polo Member, Kimberly Arena, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Cliff Drysdale Management
Tel: (830) 625-5911 ext 201 - Mobile: (603) 520-1457
www.cliffdrysdale.com - www.experiencecdt.com
- Monday, July 8 - Court 1 Men/Women's 4th Round - $1690/per ticket - 4 in Inventory
- Tuesday, July 9 - Centre Court Ladies Quarters - $1768/per ticket - 2 in Inventory
- Tuesday, July 9 - Court 1 Ladies Quarters - $1569/per ticket - 4 in Inventory
- Wednesday, July 10 - Centre Court Men's Quarters - $3913/per ticket - 6 in Inventory
- Wednesday, July 10 - Court 1 Men's Quarters - $1970/per ticket - 2 in Inventory
- Friday, July 12th - Centre Men's Semifinals - $14,784/per ticket - 4 in Inventory
- Saturday, July 13th - Centre Women's Finals - $2451/per ticket - 4 in Inventory
- Sunday, July 14th - Centre Men's Finals - $4888/per ticket - 4 in Inventory
CEO & Director Of Tennis Operations
Polo Tennis & Fitness Club
NEW MEMBERS TO THE CLUB
- The Golod Family
ADULT MAJOR ZONE SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITY
In preparation for Adult Major Zone on May 10-12, 2019, we are offering the following advertisement opportunities to our Members. The 2018 Adult Major Zone had 587 players from all over the State making it one of the largest adult tennis tournaments in Texas.
A Supporting sponsor would have their company Logo featured on our Tournament Event Shirts to an estimated 600 players and volunteers along with your company logo to be featured on the Polo Club Major Zone Championship banner. In addition a Supporting sponsor would receive the following:
- 12 months and the fee is $1,600.
- This level is limited to four sponsors.
- Quarterly highlights on Polo Google Business with 18,000 views to date
- Monthly recognition in Polo Tennis & Fitness Club e-Newsletter
- Company link On Polo Club Website
- 6' x 14' brand logo on windscreen for one year
- Quarterly activation of Polo Tennis Club social media campaign via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to 2510 followers
- 2 invitations to annual Casino Charity Event to be held July 24-27
- $500 to promote their business during the event on May 10-12 and would include
- 3' x 5' brand logo banner displayed at Polo Club during the event
- Company coupons & promotion in players' bag
- Estimated 4000 players will play at Polo in 2019
- Polo will host 22 USTA Adult & Junior Tournaments
- Adult Major Zone of Austin featuring approximately 600 players & volunteers
- Second annual ladies Member/Guest to be held on May 25
- Davis Cup Member & Guest (July 24 - July 27, 2019)
- Polo host 13 USTA Ladies & Men's teams compete with local area clubs through out the year
- Annual Assessments of $100.00 Will be on your May statements
- Please let us know what you would like to see updated around the club
- We hear you! We are working on opening up court availability during prime time for our members. Details coming soon!
- Polo is hosting Junior open and Cata Grand Prix this month..Good Luck to all our kids participating.
USTA National Singles Success
Congratulations to Greg Vannostran for a third place finish at the USTA National Men's 3.5 Singles Championships in Naples, Florida. Greg won 5 matches on the clay courts in Florida against the top 3.5 players in the nation. A fantastic accomplishment and big congratulations to Greg.
Alek Szymanski with Tennisletics
Click here for web site! Alek Szymanski is Co-founder of Tennisletics and tennis fanatic. Started work life as a military and search and rescue helicopter pilot. Spent the past two decades founding and nurturing fast-growing technology businesses across the globe. Competed at high-level squash, judo, and rugby.
Steve Cossette with Remax
Click here for web site! Steve Cossette is the Founder, Owner and Broker of RE/MAX Gateway with Offices in Dripping Springs, SW Austin and Wimberley. He runs a successful, growing and professional Texas Brokerage serving the Hill Country with upscale residential and ranch properties.
UPDATES FROM COACH MIKE: DIRECTOR OF JUNIOR ACADEMY
Field Days at Local DSISD Schools
- Coaches Mike and Naomi attended Field Days at both Sycamore Springs Elementary School and Dripping Springs Elementary School.
- Between the two events, we shared the sport of tennis with roughly 1,300 students and you will see A FEW of their faces around the club.
- Spring season is in full swing and our teams are competing strongly against area competition.
- Red Ball team season begins in May and National Championship Qualifying Tournament takes place in June
- Attended Professional Tennis Registry workshops in Miami, Florida
- Received certification in 10 and Under and 11 through 17 categories
- Joins a global network of teaching professionals and will have access to continuing education at her fingertips.
UPCOMING TOURNAMENTS AT POLO
- Polo Junior Open, April 19-21
- CATA Grand Prix Polo Junior Open, April 26-28
- Adult Major Zone, May 10-12
FROM GARY SHELLY-PERSONAL TRAINER
Strength Training Basics
Do you have questions about:
- How much weight to use
- How to use the machines
- How to use dumbbells
- How many reps/sets to do
- How often to lift
- Feeling intimidated in the gym
The amount of fat you burn during endurance exercise (cardio, aerobic ) matters less then the amount you burn when you aren't exercising (weight training).
Sure, you may burn 800 calories on the treadmill and only 400 calories weight training but it's what happens AFTER you finish that's so important. Your muscles are repairing themselves from the damage you just caused in the weight room. This process of recovery is what uses more calories throughout the day.
The Inefficiency Factor
The problem with a repetitive routine like running or cycling is your body makes adaptations and gets progressively more efficient. This increased efficiency means you use fewer calories per unit of exercise.
About light weight-high rep workouts
Doing these types of workouts simply makes your muscles more efficient at lifting lighter weights, which is a sure fire way to shrink you muscles and reduce their ability to burn calories.
New Rules of Weightlifting:
- The purpose is to build muscle
- Shape is genetic
- You can't sculpt what you haven't built
- Muscle is hard to build
- Results come from hard work
- You must include heavy weights
Gary Shelly, CPT
WEEKLY EVENTS AT POLO TENNIS CLUBMondays
- Mixed Doubles 7pm (April 22nd thru May 20)
- Men's night 7pm
- Co-Ed 3.5/4.0 clinic with Mike MacVay 7pm $25
- Beginner clinic with Dinka 11:30am $20
- Footwork clinic-hitt clinic with Will 7pm $25
- Co-Ed 2.5/3.0 clinic with Mike MacVay 7pm $25
- Men's doubles 7pm
- Men's 3.5 clinic with Will
- Co-Ed 4.5+ clinic with Mike MacVay 7pm $25
- Will's singles clinic 10am $30
- Mens singles league
- Clay court clinic with Will 10am (last Sunday of the month)
POLO HAS A NEW MASSAGE THERAPIST
WE ARE PLEASED TO WELCOME MARIO MAGNUS!
Mario Specializes in:
- Sports massage
- Deep Tissue massage
- Repetitive use Injuries
- K Tapping
- Packages available
- Office upstairs at Polo Tennis Club
- 1 Hour Massage: $80.00
- 1 Hour Massage and Cupping: $90.00
- Package: Get 5 massages for the price of 4
- Junior Massage: $50.00
NEW BALL MACHINE MEMBERSHIPS AVAILABLE
Annual Membership Cost:
- Family $250/ year
- Single $200/ year
- Single person: $20/ hr
- 2 or more persons: $30/ hr
- Court Reservations: 512-829-4340
- Billing: 512-829-4340
- Pro Shop Sales: 512-829-4340
- Junior Development Tennis: Mike MacVay 810-348-7571
- Personal Training: Gary Shelly 512-656-4800
- Massage Therapy: Mario Magnus 512-225-4839
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
Polo is on Instagram. Follow @polotennisatx to stay updated on all that is happening at Polo.