Complimentary Member's Appreciation Social
Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Time: 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Please join us at Polo Tennis & Fitness Club for hors d' oeuvres and drinks.
Parent's Night Out
Date: Friday, March 1, 2019
Time: 6:00-9:00 p.m.
What: Tennis Games, Movie, Prizes, and Pizza
Who: Junior Tennis Players and Friends (do not need to know how to play tennis)
Deadline: Wednesday, February 27th
Registration: Email Coach Mike at email@example.com or call the pro shop at 512-829-4340
Drop your kids and their friends off to join Coach Mike and Coach Naomi for a fun night of tennis games, movie and pizza!! The kids do not need to be a tennis player and do not need to currently be in our program!! ALL are welcome. Take this opportunity to enjoy an evening out or in without the kiddos!
February Newsletter(click the links below to jump to specific newsletter articles)
- From Anders
- February Special Membership Drive 2019
- New Members to the Club
- Club Updates
- Meet Coach Mike
- Complimentary Members' Appreciation Social
- Monday Mixed Doubles
- Weekly Events at Polo Tennis Club
- Tournaments in February at Polo
- From Gary Shelly - Personal Trainer
- Parent's Night Out
- Polo has a New Massage Therapist
- New Ball Machine Memberships Available
- Junior Academy Spring 2019 Session Dates
- New T-shirts in the Pro Shop
- Sponsorship Opportunity
FROM ANDERSDear Members,
The Clubs 2019 Membership drive in January was fantastic! 23 new Members joined and our efforts in reaching 50 Net Members by June took a giant leap forward. A big thank you to our Members for sponsoring a friend. In an continued effort to improve our Club in many areas from customer service, beautification, facilities and world class coaches, our Members are what drives the Club. Your support, enthusiasm and loyalty over the years have been tremendous & is much appreciated. Our goal, is for you to have an excellent experience every time you come to the Club.
In February we are calling upon our Members to go out and help us bring your friends over to Polo Club and join the fun!
What a New Member means to you:
- $600 credit to your account per New Member you sponsor
- Another player to practice with
- A new player that will further strengthen our USTA or WTTA Teams
- A friend you can socialize with in the gym, at the pool, or on the tennis court.
Our Member dues goes directly to pay our operating cost to run and enhance all aspects of the club. Our goal for 2019 is to reach a net 50 new members in order to start new projects with additional courts and/or pickle ball courts. This in turn means additional amenities for YOU.
I thank you for your support in making our Club a better place. Now, go out there and recruit ONE friend each, earn a $600 credit and we will begin construction on new courts!
See you around the club,
CEO & Director Of Tennis Operations
Polo Tennis & Fitness Club
FEBRUARY SPECIAL MEMBERSHIP DRIVE 2019
Introduce a NEW Family to the Club and if they join you will receive a $600 credit on your Polo Club Account.
INCENTIVE FOR NEW MEMBERS TO JOIN IN FEBRUARY
- No initiation Fee (February only)
- First month dues free
- Regular dues $165/individual & $200/Family plus 7.5% sales tax for 12 months
- Must join by February 28,2019
- 12 months contract required with this offer
- If membership is cancelled early there will be an early termination fee of $500
- In order to receive the credit; a "NEW' member is defined as someone that is not a current member or has not been on a Club team for more than one season
- Only one $600 credit will be given per new member. This credit may be split if multiple people referred the same family.
GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN RECRUITING!!
NEW MEMBERS TO THE CLUB
- THE SANDBERG FAMILY
- THE NESTLERODE FAMILY
- THE GILLIAM FAMILY
- THE WATTS FAMILY
- TERESA & AUBURY SCOTT
- THE KOWALEWSKI FAMILY
- THE FRANTA FAMILY
- THE SCOTT FAMILY
- ANDRE BOADA
- THE EMMON FAMILY
- THE CARPENTER FAMILY
- THE TORRES-DORDAL FAMILY
- THE ZIMMERMAN FAMILY
- THE MILLER FAMILY
- THE BOURGUIGNON FAMILY
- FELICIA ASHLOCK
- MITCH REID
- THE COOK FAMILY
- THE DILL FAMILY
- THE BURMEISTER FAMILY
- DEBI YOUNG
- DIANE HUTCHINSON
- MICHEAL SEALE & GINA BAUERLE
- THE JOHANNSEN FAMILY
- PATTY JOHNSON
- New and Improved Website coming soon.
- Please call the club to book a court and Please call and cancel your court if you are not going to use it.
- We have added some new clinics so please read the Weekly Events Section of this newsletter and come try them out.
- Complimentary Member's Appreciation Social. February 27 (details below)
- Parents Night Out While the kiddos have a Fun night at Polo (see details below)
- Please welcome Coach Mike MacVay to the club. You can read all about him in his Bio below!
MEET COACH MIKEMichael D. MacVay"Coach Mike"
Director of Junior Tennis at The Polo Tennis and Fitness Club
- Previously worked for 8 years as Director of Junior Tennis for RippnerTennis
- Current Vice President of Capital Area Tennis Association
- Member of USTA Texas Junior Tennis Council
- 2014 CATA Junior Tennis Professional of the Year
- 2015 USTA Texas North Star Award
- 2016 USTA Texas Youth Program of the Year --- under my leadership when happened
- 2017 CATA 10-and-Under Professional of the Year
- USTA Texas Zonals Head Coach
- USTA Texas Head Coach of Early Developmental Camps
- Graduate of University of Michigan --- B.A. in English and Political Science
- Graduate of University of Texas - Master of Public Affairs
- Born and raised in Flint, Michigan
- Loves languages, reading, and naps
COMPLIMENTARY MEMBER'S APPRECIATION SOCIALMEMBER APPRECIATION SOCIAL
FEBRUARY 27, 6-8 PM
Please join us at Polo Tennis & Fitness Club for hors d' oeuvres and drinks.
MONDAY MIXED DOUBLES
FEBRUARY 4TH THRU MARCH 12TH
(6 WEEK SESSION)
$30 per person
Organized Matches, Beer, Wine and Tennis Balls Included!
Email, call Pro-shop (512-829-4340) or text Suzy (512-736-5358) if you would like to play!
WEEKLY EVENTS AT POLO TENNIS CLUB*WE HAVE ADDED SOME NEW CLINICS! THE ONES IN BOLD ARE NEW. COME GIVE THEM A TRY!*
- MIXED DOUBLES 7PM (FEBRUARY 4TH THRU MARCH 12)
- MEN'S NIGHT 7PM
- CO-ED 3.5/4.0 CLINIC WITH MIKE MACVAY 7PM
- BEGINNER CLINIC WITH DINKA 11:30AM
- FOOTWORK CLINIC-HITT CLINIC WITH WILL 7PM
- CO-ED 2.5/3.0 CLINIC WITH MIKE MACVAY 7PM
- MEN'S DOUBLES 7PM (JANUARY 30 TIL FEBRUARY 27)
- MEN'S 3.5 CLINIC WITH WILL
- CO-ED 4.5+ CLINIC WITH MIKE MACVAY 7PM
- WILL'S SINGLES CLINIC 10AM
- CLAY COURT CLINIC WITH WILL 10AM (LAST SUNDAY OF THE MONTH)
TOURNAMENTS IN FEBRUARY AT POLO
FROM GARY SHELLY-PERSONAL TRAINERCommon Injury Patterns
By Gary Shelly
Polo Club Certified Personal Trainer and Postural Alignment Therapist
I would like to address some of the most common injuries clients have. First of all, usually the area that is injured is a result of a breakdown somewhere in the kinetic chain. Knee pain can be caused by ankle and hip dysfunctions. Low back pain is usually caused by weak core stabilizing muscles. Shoulder injuries can be a result of weak rotator cuff and upper back muscles or possibly hip dysfunctions or misaligned feet. And last but not least "tennis elbow" (and no it's not a result of your new racket, strings, coach, partner, or grip by the way) is more than likely due to dysfunctional shoulders. A healthy, stable and strong shoulder complex should be able to handle the demands of tennis.
It's critical to address these compensations early and before you begin training or playing tennis. If they are not addressed then you risk further injuring that area, resulting in longer down time. Many people make the mistake of jumping right into an intense training program without addressing these issues. My training always starts with stabilizing the joints first and then progressing to heavier loads and more complex movements.
This is why I use the overhead squat assessment. By observing how a client squats I can see where the muscle imbalances are. I also perform a postural evaluation. This will reveal the true culprit that could be the reason for the dysfunction.
For example: if your knees turn in it usually means hips are tight and glutes are weak....very common.
As always, a complete fitness program is recommended. This includes core, balance, strength, cardio and flexibility exercises.
I am now offering free postural and squat assessments for Polo Club members. This usually takes about 15 minutes but it will give us both good information to address common injury patterns.
Please call or stop by the gym if you have questions.
PARENT'S NIGHT OUT
WHAT: Tennis Games, Movie, Prizes, and Pizza
WHO: Junior Tennis Players and Friends (do not need to know how to play tennis)
WHEN: Friday, March 1st, 6:00 - 9:00 pm
DEADLINE to REGISTER: Wednesday, February 27th
Drop your kids and their friends off to join Coach Mike and Coach Naomi for a fun night of tennis games, movie and pizza!!
The kids do not need to be a tennis player and do not need to currently be in our program!! ALL are welcome. Take this opportunity to enjoy an evening out or in without the kiddos!
Please email Coach Mike @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call pro-shop @ 512-829-4340 to get signed up.
POLO HAS A NEW MASSAGE THERAPISTWE ARE PLEASED TO WELCOME MARIO MAGNUS!
Mario Specializes in:
- Sports massage
- Deep Tissue massage
- Repetitive use Injuries
- K Tapping
- Packages available
- Office upstairs at Polo Tennis Club
- 1 Hour Massage: $80.00
- 1 Hour Massage and Cupping: $90.00
- Package: Get 5 massages for the price of 4
- Junior Massage: $50.00
NEW BALL MACHINE MEMBERSHIPS AVAILABLE
Annual Membership Cost:
- Family $250/ year
- Single $200/ year
- Single person: $20/ hr
- 2 or more persons: $30/ hr
JUNIOR ACADEMY SPRING 2019 SESSION DATESSPRING 2019 Session Dates
- Session 1: January 7 - January 31
- Session 2: February 4 - February 28
- Session 3: March 4 - March 28*
- Session 4: April 1 - April 25
- Session 5: April 29 - May 23
Each session runs for 4 weeks
Summer Program begin June 10
- Registration must be completed with the Tennis Shop (512)829-4340 or by email email@example.com.
- No Refunds Under Any Circumstances
- Once enrolled you will automatically be billed the first day of each session
- Students withdrawals must be done 7 days prior to the start of the next session by emailing Brandi @ Brandi.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classes will be held regardless of weather conditions (unless unsafe ice on roads)
NEW T-SHIRTS IN THE PRO SHOPNEW ORDER OF SWEATSHIRTS AND COMFORT COLORS T-SHIRTS IN THE PRO SHOP.
- POLO "TYLER" COMFORT COLORS T-SHIRTS $20
- POLO CREW NECK SWEATSHIRTS $20
- POLO HOODIES $25