September Newsletter(click the links below to jump to specific newsletter articles)
- From Anders
- Casino Night
- Davis Cup Social Sponsors
- Polo's New Tennis Coach
- Racquet Stringing
- Universal Tennis Rating
- Junior Academy Fall Schedule
- Club Updates
- Upcoming Tournaments at Polo
- Gary Shelly - Personal Trainer
- The Pool is Open
- Polo Hours
- Contact Info
- Weekly Events at Polo Tennis Club
- Massage Therapist
- New Ball Machine Memberships Available
- Follow Us on Instagram
- Sponsorship Opportunity
DAVIS CUP 2019MEMBER/GUEST TOURNAMENT
CLICK HERE to register by September 13th!
Players are limited to register for 1 event
All Draws are Round Robin
Matches Begin Thursday September 25th at 6:00 PM
***Please note this a member guest tournament so please invite a friend to play with you in this event***
(Limited to 5 players per event)
(Limited to 5 teams per event)
|Parent Child||Mixed Doubles Events
(Limited to 5 teams per event)
|Women's 3.0||Women's 3.0||Mixed 6.0|
|Women's 3.5||Women's 3.5||Mixed 7.0|
|Women's 4.0||Women's 4.0||Mixed 8.0|
|Men's 3.0||Men's 3.0||Mixed 9.0|
|Men's 3.5||Men's 3.5|
|Men's 4.0||Men's 4.0|
- 8 game pro-set, ad scoring.
- 7 point tiebreak at 8 all.
- All Players will get to play 4 matches barring injuries or withdrawals.
September 28th at 7:00 p.m.
Dinner provided by The League - Drinks provided by Treaty Oaks - Casino Fun
Come out Saturday evening for dinner, drinks, silent auction, raffle, and casino fun! Party is open to all so bring your friends. All proceeds benefit the DSHS Tennis Scholarship Fund.
Brad moved to Austin from Sacramento, California, where he coached Tennis for 10+ years. Brad started out his career as the junior Coordinator at Sierra View Country Club in Roseville, Ca. He Coached and developed nationally ranked juniors to players just starting out from 2005- 2012. Brad was the Head Men's Coach at Sierra College during the same time where he coached 2 Conference Championship Teams. He played collegiate tennis at Sierra College and played #1 Singles and Doubles. In 2013 He became the Tennis Director at Rollingwood Athletic Club in Fair Oaks, Ca where he was in charge of the overall development of the Adult and Junior programming from 2013 to 2016. Brad joins Polo from South Austin Tennis Center where he coached from 2016 to 2019.
Brad has a fun and modern approach to teaching the game of tennis. He is looking forward to helping you with your Tennis needs. He does Private and Group Lessons for all Ages. Brad was the Head Coach of the High Performance Academy at Rippner Tennis, making sure the High Performance Players. Please contact Brad at Brad.firstname.lastname@example.org or 209-256-0652 if you would like to schedule a private lesson. He will also be offering clinics and organizing some super fun mixers!
UNIVERSAL TENNIS RATING
JUNIOR ACADEMY FALL SCHEDULE
Please click on the link below to view the fall schedule:
JUNIOR ACADEMY FALL SCHEDULE
- Join us for Casino night!! Open to all members and non- members even if you are not playing in the Davis Cup. Dinner, Drinks, and fun casino tables! $25.00 per person
- Please NO dogs on the tennis courts and PLEASE clean up after your pets
- Please CANCEL your court reservation if you are not going to use it
- DAVIS CUP September 25-29
- Friendly reminder to check in your guest for tennis, pool, and fitness center
- With the growth of our membership and all our programs we are busier than ever! PLEASE RESERVE a court if you plan on playing.
- Racket stringing is a 48 hour turn-around. We do offer express service with an additional cost of $10.00 per racket.
UPCOMING TOURNAMENTS AT POLO
- Polo Tennis & Fitness Club Summer Adult Open, September 13-15, 2019
- $1,000 AUSTIN UTR $1,000 POLO Open, September 13-15
GARY SHELLY - PERSONAL TRAINERThe Progressive Supine Tower
What is this thing?
Some of you have probably seen clients using the tower in the gym. In simple terms the progressive tower is a piece of equipment that allows the hip flexor muscles to release. The psoas major is responsible for flexing the trunk forward. When this and the other hip flexor muscles become tight it causes the pelvis to be out of position. Once the pelvis is back in the correct position the rest of the body can begin to reposition itself. Stretching the hip flexors alone will not accomplish this, they need to be released.
Several of my clients have used the tower and most have reported positive results....better movement and pain relief are just a few.
I'm setting up recovery sessions again.
Here are few:
- Progressive tower
- Foam rolling
- Assisted and dynamic stretching
Call me if you have questions.
Certified Personal Trainer and Postural Specialist
THE POOL IS OPENThe pool opened Memorial Day Weekend and will stay open through Labor Day Weekend.
Pool Hours: 9:00-8:00 p.m.
No Lifeguard on Duty
- Polo Pro Shop Hours: 8:30-9:00 p.m. (subject to change)
- Business Hours: 9:00-4:00 p.m.
- Pool Hours: 9:00-8:00 p.m.
- Tennis Court Hours: Lights out by 9:30 p.m.
If you have anything concerning membership, billing, court reservations, or racket stringing please contact Suzy or Brandi during business hours.
- Court Reservations: 512-829-4340
- Billing: 512-829-4340
- Pro Shop Sales: 512-829-4340
- Junior Development Tennis: Mike MacVay 810-348-7571
- Personal Training: Gary Shelly 512-656-4800
- Massage Therapy: Mario Magnus 512-225-4839
WEEKLY EVENTS AT POLO TENNIS CLUBMondays
- USTA 3.5 clinic with Dinka 11:00 a.m. $25
- Mixed Doubles 7:00 p.m.
- USTA 3.0 clinic with Dinka 9:30 a.m. $25
- Co-Ed 3.5/4.0 clinic with Mike MacVay 7:00 p.m. $25
- Beginner clinic with Dinka 11:00 a.m. $20
- Co-Ed 2.5/3.0 clinic with Mike MacVay 7:00 p.m. $25
- Co-Ed 4.5+ clinic with Mike MacVay 8:00 p.m. $25
- Singles clinic with Dinka 9:30 a.m. $25
- Ander's singles clinic 9:00-11:00 a.m. $30
MASSAGE THERAPISTMARIO MAGNUS
Mario Specializes in:
- Sports massage
- Deep Tissue massage
- Repetitive use Injuries
- K Tapping
- Packages available
- Office upstairs at Polo Tennis Club
- 1 Hour Massage: $80.00
- 1 Hour Massage and Cupping: $90.00
- Package: Get 5 massages for the price of 4
- Junior Massage: $50.00
NEW BALL MACHINE MEMBERSHIPS AVAILABLEAnnual Membership Cost:
- Family $250/ year
- Single $200/ year
- Single person: $20/ hr
- 2 or more persons: $30/ hr
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAMPolo is on Instagram.
Follow @polotennisatx to stay updated on all that is happening at Polo.